The 23rd biennial DignityUSA conference will be held in Boston, Massachusetts from Thursday, July 6 through Sunday July 9, 2017. To help defray the cost of attending the convention and increase individuals’ ability to contribute to DignityUSA’s mission, DignityUSA offers scholarships based on the following guidelines:
- Preference for scholarships is given to members of DignityUSA or to those willing to make a commitment to the organization at the national or local level.
- All scholarship recipients will be asked to spend up to 4 hours over the weekend to volunteer. Our volunteer coordinator will contact each recipient to schedule volunteer time and task(s).
- DignityUSA encourages recipients to become more involved in the organization’s activities in the coming year. Applicants must describe how they believe Conference attendance will lead to increased involvement with DignityUSA, a local Dignity Chapter and/or a DignityUSA Caucus.
- Preference will be given to applications received by March 31, 2017. Awards will be made based on the availability of funds. If additional funds become available, later applications or those not funded in the initial award round may be considered.
Approximate convention costs are (not including food/personal costs):
- Registration $295 if received by March 31, 2017, or $265 for first-time attendees, $150 for young adults
- Airfare ~$500 average nationwide
- Hotel $315.90 for three nights (including taxes and Boston tourism fee) based on double occupancy (room rate is $210.60/night; per person rate $105.30/night). Up to two additional people may be in room.
Applications received by Tuesday, March 31, 2017 get first consideration. Those received after that date will be considered only if additional funds are available. Please email to [email protected], mail to: DignityUSA, P.O. Box 376, Medford, MA 02155, or Fax to: 781.397.0584